As part of an effort to support conservation and efficiency as
essential complements to renewable energy, SunWork's program is open to
homeowners who apply these values for a modest energy footprint
as outlined below.
SunWork's mission is to make renewable solar energy more affordable where it otherwise would have a relatively poor payback. Because the electric rates are tiered, people who use less electricity, pay lower rates which means they save less money for a given amount of solar PV installed. This is why SunWork focuses our efforts on people with relatively low electric bills. Electricity rates continue to rise and solar systems continue to come down in price making solar more attractive for everyone, so SunWork evaluates our criteria from time to time.
• Electric space heating users with average
monthly electricity use of
$140 or lower (averaged over the previous 12 months).
• Electric heat pump water heating users with average monthly electricity use of $140 or lower (averaged over the previous 12 months).
• For those on medical baseline with average monthly electricity use of $140 or lower (averaged over the previous 12 months).
• All customers on PG&E's CARE rate for electricity. No usage limit.
• For customers with an Electric Vehicle (EV), we look at 12 months of electric bills prior to getting the EV to determine if the elecric bills meets the $100 per month maximum. SunWork supports the use of EVs along with solar. We have this exception to avoid penalizing homeowners who would otherwise qualify without including the home electricity used to charge the EV.
organizations that own their building or have written
Currently SunWork limits solar installation size for nonprofits to 35 kW (DC) or less.
To arrange a free site survey, please send an inquiry to email@example.com, or contact us by phone at (650) 520-9918.